Why We're the Best in the Business
ION Energy's Smart-Metering patented technology is virtually the exclusive provider for HUD to meter water, sewer, gas and electric on all multifamily properties. ION's metering technology measures utility consumption in real time through a military grade 2.4 Ghz wireless mesh network. This real time data collection and analysis offers total insight identifying leaks, over-consumption and individual apartment efficiencies.
ION combines smart-metering hardware and patented software to achieve incredible efficiencies. ION's water meters are truly smart as they measure consumption, time (minutes that water runs daily), events (number of times the water turns off and on) and temperature (to measure heat to bill back gas to tenant). ION can meter boilers and chillers for hot water and domestic HVAC for heating and cooling, riser piped plumbing and PTAC units. All of this data is collected and monitored in real time via the wireless mesh network and the www.myutilities.net web portal.
Smart-Metering ROI is 50% Higher
ION's meters allow a very proactive approach to real time monitoring of utility consumption to detect leaks, over-consumption. ION's water meters ADC (Average Daily Consumption) is 50% less than traditional water meters and 50% less that properties without metering. Every dollar we save a property owner typically translates into $13-15 of value. The ION meters typically increase property at a minimum of value $6000-8000 per door.
- HUD has installed H2O Degree in over 100 properties in just over 12 Months
- ION records 50%+ Aggregate Savings vs Non-Submetered Properties:
- 25% Savings from Tenant Accountability -- Real time monitoring and access
- 18-25% for "Change Management" -- Management tools to address leaks, over-consumption, vacant units, asset management
- ION Smart-Metering Technology
- Lowest Cost of Acquisition (2-3 Times Cheaper than any competitor)
- Extremely Easy to Install
- Maintenance Free
- Virtually Fail Proof
ION starts with a free energy audit and proposal by obtaining water, gas and electric bills for 12 months. We can quickly determine the daily consumption and create an investment analysis as to the cost of installation, efficiencies, payback and ROI.